Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Saviah Cellars - Star Meadows White - 2005

I have never been a fan of Semillon, but this Bordeaux-style blend works for me. A classic mix of 57% Sauvignon Blanc and 43% Semillon from Saviah Cellars was easy on my palate. Flavors of fresh stone fruit shows through with a background of citrus. Of course, this is a perfect wine to serve on a summer day, but I think it can be paired for holiday entertaining as well as those cold winter nights you just want to stay in front of the fireplace with comfort food and a good book.

Saviah's Star Meadows white blend makes a perfect pairing with an antipasto plate of artichokes, smoked salmon, prosciutto and sharp cheeses such as Gorgonzola and blue. Chicken soup and especially winter chowders of clams or oysters would also pair well. The crisp citrus of this wine would definitely favor crab legs with drawn butter. And if we are talking winter entertaining, cheese fondue is a natural with this wine! And -- I would even continue the wine with a dessert of creme brulee or a tart made of stone fruit or pears.

Okay - this talk of food and this elegant blend of wine is making me hungry. Sante!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Catie

Can you please try the Star Meadows with raclette? As you write it goes well with fondue I'd guess it'll be great with raclette as well.

Oh, and I love your idea of the four food groups with C! Agree with the first three, but prefer Tea as the last...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...