Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Adopt A Grape

For less than a penny a day, you can adopt a grape in a foreign country called Napa Valley, CA. Won't you please help?

Ever dream of making wine in Napa Valley, CA? Nah - - me neither. But the dream of making wine in Walla Walla or any place in the state of Washington is an attractive thought. However, no matter where it's from, this idea just tickles me - - very clever, educational and fun.

You can now Adopt a Grape for free and follow it from bud break through harvest, complete with a series of fun and educational notes from the vineyard crew. Remember in my last blog how I chastised those of you who gets all "romantical" and dreamy about owning your own winery and/or vineyard with no idea of how hard the work is? Now’s your chance to be a part of a winery and you won’t have to leave your Lazyboy, bucket-o-chicken and The Soprano's re-runs.

Best of all, you don’t need a huge bank account, or a degree in viticulture or enology. Any white-zinfandel drinker can adopt a grape. If you can use a computer, you can adopt a grape. You can choose a little grape from any block in the vineyard, and you will receive a series of short film updates on the progress of your grape throughout the growing season and harvest. I'm going to make holiday cards with my little grape. If you adopt a grape before it’s harvested, you will be notified by email so that you can be part of your grape’s fall journey. Aww...

So, won't you make a difference in a little Merlot grape's life?

3 comments:

wild walla walla wine woman said...

I did my part. Have you?

I adopted a Clone 4 Cabernet Sauvignon grape. I will call him
Augustin Entienne Bordeaux. I will try to keep you informed of little AEB's progress. The end result? The little guy is going to get crushed.

Sue said...

My grade has been adopted!

duane said...

Block 4 is a good choice. It's vigorous soils mean the grapes age more slowly. If only it worked for the owner!

All the best,

Duane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...