Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Amost Your Mother Episode #9: Jesus, Facebook and Wine

Take one Gen-Xer and one Baby Boomer ...

If you live in Walla Walla and familiar with the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin, then no doubt you are familiar with Sheila Hagar.   She is a popular U-B columnist and blogger of  "From the Storage Room." If you keep up on the U-B's videos that are focused throughout Walla Walla, then you may have run across  Jeremy Gonzalez.  He is the Online/Social Media Coordinator for the U-B, as well as keeper of his own blog, "The Jeremy Conspiracy." 

These two have joined mighty forces (Well at least Sheila is the mighty one, because after all, she is the Mom) to form a podcast named, Almost Your Mother.  Their podcast began with a few barbed remarks, a couple of snide comments, one blogging competition and a crazy coincidence — before they knew it, a relationship was born between the two.  They discuss everything from parenting, poop, piercings and baseball. 

Last week I was honored to be a guest.  Check it out while we talk about Jesus, Facebook and of course, wine:  http://www.almostyourmother.com/2010/09/13/almost-your-mother-episode-9-jesus-facebook-and-wine/

5 comments:

Jeremy_gonzo said...

Oh, I see whose side you're on!
-Jeremy

wild walla walla wine woman said...

Well Jeremy, after all I am old enough to be your mother.
Cheers!
C~

My Life as a House said...

Hey Catie,

I enjoy your blog and I'm hoping you can help me. My wife and I are long time home wine makers. We usually make from kits but ahve started to make wine from scratch. We've done rhubarb, huckleberry, and blueberry. We now feel it is time to get serious and get some grapes. I've been looking on line and can't find any U-Pick Vineyards. Can you help!

Stan in Spokane

wild walla walla wine woman said...

Hi Stan,
Thanks for checking in. I am sorry to say that I don't have a clue where to find U-Pick. However, in Spokane I bet if you ask around the wineries they may have some ideas and might even do the crushing for you.
Cheers,
Catie

Unknown said...

Hi, not familiar to the u-pick vineyards. Do they allow you to pick enough to make wine a is it for table grape consumption? Tx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...