Friday, September 08, 2006

Firehouse Red - Tamarack Cellars

We love it! The evening after Steve and I opened a bottle of Firehouse Red he was downtown at Vintage Cellars the next day and bought several more bottles. Firehouse Red is a great blend of Columbia and Walla Walla Valley grapes - 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Syrah, 15% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 2% Sangiovese, and 1% Carmenere.

Tamarack Cellars "Firehouse Red" has been noticed by Robert Parker. It was rated 61 in the Wine Spectator's list of top 100 wines in the world for 2004. That's a pretty good endorsement, huh?

Just like Tamarack Cellars tasting notes say, it is so good that it is difficult to separate all the flavors. We noticed the longer it sat opened the more interesting tastes came about. Full and lush with all of the my favorite flavors. I picked up chocolate covered cherries, vanilla, apple-pie spices and at the end of the bottle (and my glass) definitely lots of caramel came through. This is really an ultimate food wine that you could pair with most anything. I think the next bottle I open I will let it sit for an hour before tasting. Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...