Thursday, September 07, 2006

Out With the Old, In With the New...

I always look forward to the Labor Day weekend. It is a reminder that my favorite season, Autumn, is on the way. It also means I will be spending less time outdoors and more time writing. Crush has started! Lots going on in the valley. For some wineries, crush started last week.

It seems I am slower than usual to post anything. This week has been a test of my character and endurance as it is a wine-free week for me. My only drink, besides water, is Pepper MD vintage 2006 - a unique little blend of caramel color, phosphoric acid, assorted artificial fruit and spice flavors, but most of all -- caffeine! This is also a week of meager fare - dining on salad, Top Ramen and an occasional boring chicken-chest. You see -- last week I went a bit over-the-top when it came fine dining and good wines. But would you decline invitations to three different dinner parties given by three different French winemakers? Of course not! Then there was the fabulous dining experience at 26 Brix...

As soon as I recover from one (only one?) of the seven deadly sins, I will report every delicious morsel and decadent drop of Bacchus nectar that I had during the Labor Day weekend. Sante!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...