Friday, March 21, 2008

The Budo-Kun Wine Blog Black List Awards!

So, I may be wearing a big "L" on my forehead because I was rejected from every category in the 2008 American Wine Blog Awards, but that's okay. It's tough trying to explain to the judges that there is such a town they loved so much they named it twice - - Walla Walla. And yes, Walla Walla makes wine! But what do you expect from California judges?(I'm kidding Tom. Smoochies.)

In any event, I may be a loser when it comes to the AWBA, but I am a winner when it comes to the Budo-Kun Wine Blog Black List. I am an "Official Reject!" And I want to thank all of the little talking bottles and cheese wedges from Domaine547 who made it possible for me to accept this award. You love me! You really love me!

6 comments:

Gene Stein, Ph.D. said...

Don't worry, Catie, I love you, too! Rejected from the 2008 Wine Blogs Award? I can't believe it! I hereby nominate you to "The Best of the Rejects" list. I didn't even enter and I'm on the list, too! Ssh! Don't tell, they'd banish us, you know. Maybe some of those sour grapes anons who wrote unhappy comments about my "Best Vineyards" and "Best Winemaker" list would like to join us.You at least show no signs of sour grapes. Sour grapes make bad wine, happy grapes make great wine. Tu amigo, Gene

Craig Camp said...

Change your name to The Napa Napa Grapevine and your in like Flint.

Don't despair at the California-centric nature of the awards! Where would I be if you weren't keeping my up-do-date on Walla Walla? How would I know what to drink at dinner at 26 Brix?

wild walla walla wine woman said...

Thank you honorable Gene and Craig. I bow to you.
Humbly yours,
C~

Unknown said...

You are in good company! This award event shows as though it was mainly a tool for promoting a few. Many long-standing US wine blogs are not nominated. Craig Camp's and Alice Feiring's are notably missing.
A few blogs that get very high readership are not nominated in any category. Here are some examples:
7200 people/month at Dr Vino's
5400 people/month for Winecast
4000 people/month at Boxwines
(The amounts are approximative and come from public figures.)
For what it's worth I attempt an easier competition with an objective ranking of wine websites.

wild walla walla wine woman said...

Hey Estelle, I rather like your cellar search objective ranking of wine sites - - as I rank #20!!

Or do you switch the numbers around for every blog you visit? Just kidding ;-)

Thanks for checking in!

Unknown said...

Hey Catie! My ranking tries to show quality so it's no wonder you show in the upper half :-)
This might change in a month or so: I'll process 160 sites instead or 90. As a consequence it is possible that your rank will slide a bit: a few sites that I have just discovered would pass you. Your note ('valuation') should be similar though.
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...