Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mild Mannered: The W5?

According to the story about me and the wine biz on the front page of the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin on May 1, From Blog To Biz, the article says I am mild mannered

Yes, the W5 is mild mannered and stop laughing - - I know who you are. Since I was born under the Gemini sign, I have two sides. The quiet yet thoughtful and then the opinionated and loud.

When I first read the article, even I became verklempt. A bit choked up and later I was reminded of something that my high school Latin and Humanities teacher had said many "Bad Moon Arising" (old 70's song in high school) ago. Perhaps it explained why a tear got caught in the corner of my eye. Mrs Koch walked around the classroom and commented on what she saw in the future for her graduates. She based this on their performance in class, grades and overall attitude. When she came to me, I squirmed a bit, but she saw for my future that I would be a famous business woman and one in particular that owned a corporation. Now note, in the early 70's, for a woman to be even a bank teller was a big deal. And it just so happened I visited with my former Latin/Humanities teacher's daughter, Mary Koch Campbell the other night over dinner and when I asked about her mother, she said her mother hadn't changed much other than she was now 90 years old. I cannot imagine - but then again, Mrs. Koch always seemed timeless to me.

Back to the article: many thanks to Vicki Hillhouse of the Walla Walla Union-Bulletin who did a wonderful job, as she really captured my story and of course, last but not least to Jeff Horner, photographer who realized going into this photo I was going to be difficult as this wasn't the first time he's had to take my photo. He remembered how I hate-hate-hate my photo being taken. Jeff did it in less than 10 minutes and overall it was painless and the results - - see for yourself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...