Thursday, May 08, 2008

Pursued by Bear - - Grrrr!

It's a great label, isn't it? It caught my attention immediately as I collect grizzly bear items - from old wooden and stone carved grizzlys ( Ursus arctos horribilis), especially those carved with a Native American or old German Black Forest influence. I've even picked up a few old plush German Steiff grizzly bears and old Yellowstone grizzly memorabilia. And of course, any piece of silver jewelry with the bear paw fetish especially captivates my eye.

Now, there's one more thing that captivated me about this label - - it happens to belong to Eric Dunham, owner/winemaker of Dunham Cellars and actor Kyle MacLachlan. You may recognize Kyle, who is a Yakima home-grown, from many TV favorites such as "Desperate Housewives," Sex and the City," and remember "Twin Peaks?" Now we know why there is a new winemaker at Dunham Cellars. This is quite a project!

Pursued by Bear will be a red, yet very expensive blend, and will be released before the end of the year. Am I right to smell a bit of a Shakespearean soap opera here? The Winter's Tale?

2 comments:

Aitch Stewart said...

I loved Twin Peaks and, of course, I love KM!!! I can't wait for the wine to come out. Do you know if it will make it's way to the east coast?

I recently discovered your blog, Miss W5, and was wondering if you might be able to answer a few questions....

Most of my relatives live there in WW (and that's where I was born and raised), but live in DC nowadays. I noticed that the Cafe Carousel was for sale. It may be the perfect thing for my father and I might was to buy it for him.

Have you ever been there? Is it well-loved? Or up for sale because everybody hates it and wants to put up a new winery in it's place...?


:) You're hilarious, btw.

wild walla walla wine woman said...

Hi Aitch,

Finally - - somebody finds me hilarious! I am not sure about the Pursued by Bear going out to the East Coast, but definitely you should sign up on their website. Also about the Cafe - - to be honest I have never heard a bad thing and I will say the cafe is located inside the old Liberty Theatre lobby which is a nice old piece of old downtown nostalgia. So keep in touch if you decide to buy it. Thanks for writing.

Cheers,
C~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...