Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Happy Birthday W5 - 10 Years!

Ten years ago, I never thought I would be writing this ... 

It was 10 years ago, June 14 when I first started my wine blog, Wild Walla Walla Wine
Woman. What a ride! I had no idea that anyone was reading it. It was merely a collection of my own tasting notes and amusements. I just rather hung on and let the experiences fly rather serendipitous. 
So, in the mean time a lot has happened because of the blog. I landed in retail, and I even wrote a book, Wines of Walla Walla Valley: A Deep-Rooted History. Through the difficult journey of research and writing a book, while juggling retail; it brought me back to what I love the most - writing. With the "refurbishing" of my blog, I decided to extend it beyond just Walla Walla wines. It's tough not to share the experiences of a cool crisp French Rosé from Provence, or an earthy Pinot Noir from Oregon. The wine blog may look a bit idle the last few weeks, but it still has several stories on the back burner to write about - Blau Frankisch (Lemberger) and Cabernet Francs of the Finger Lake region, many wines from Oregon, 2014 French Rosés, and even a recent tasting last week at Red Mountain AVA.
As much as I love writing about wine, I have seen changes in the wine blogging world. I have never placed scores on wines, I like to write about the experiences at the wineries, the people of the wineries, and of course, the wine itself - the components, the essence, and food pairings. As pointed as this may sound, the new winemakers who use to seek me out, doesn't
need me to write about them, anymore. The local tourism and wine boards use to come to me to help promote, and now I have to remind them I still exist. It's another reason for expanding. And that's okay - things change. I assume, it is never personal. It's business. Basically many of "us" started together - - we all started when Walla Walla was still a dot on the map. I believe to this day - - I am the longest running wine blog, or at least woman wine blogger, in Washington State.
I have found myself, with the love of writing, feeling I need to write more - more than just wine. I wanted to make it personal and share the simple things that I love in life, from books, old classic movies, cooking, gardening roses, corny quotes, and just pretty, yet simple, things. Therefore I started Passementaries - a new blog.
Can the W5 juggle two blogs at once? I believe "she" can. Thank you fans and friends for taking the time to read my words on my blog, book, magazine articles, and even my ramblings on my Facebook pages. 

Stay tuned. There will be more to come.
"Smoochies!"
C~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...