Thursday, July 13, 2006

Waterbrook Winery Sauvignon Blanc

This summer I have been drinking more whites and roses than ever before. I am really enjoying the refreshing and light flavors that these wines have to offer.

The other evening I opened up a bottle of chilled Waterbrook Winery Sauvignon Blanc - 2003. All I kept thinking was, "Is it just me or am I tasting a lot of lemon and lime in this wine?" My tastebuds were really on that evening and the citrus was lively on my palate. I really enjoyed the crispness that the acidity of the fruit brought to the wine. As most Sauvignon Blancs, there was just the right amount of freshly mown grass and I even detected a bit of honeydew melon and sweet herbal woodruff in the finish.

Well, let me just say that this wine from Waterbrook Winery is everything I want from a Sauvignon Blanc. There's even a bit (5%) of my favorite white grape, Viognier, blended in. The wine is priced right (under $15) and makes for a perfect summer sipping wine by itself and will also pair well with fish, buttery seafood entrees, as well as sweet and spicy Thai foods like chicken satay skewers. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I agree! I really like this wine, and I've also tried the Waterbrook Cabernet Sauvignon blend (sorry the vintage escapes me) and enjoyed that, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...